Hard Waste Collection
When does Council collect hard waste?
Council coordinates an annual hard waste collection. The 2021 hard waste collection will take place on Saturday 13 March.
What is 'hard waste'?
Hard waste is material that cannot be contained in your kerbside waste bin.
Hard waste items must not weigh more than 32 kilograms, be no longer than 1.2 metres or wider/deeper than 0.6 metres.
These items will be collected:
- Hot water systems
- Household furniture
- Lawn mowers and other garden tools
- Garden furniture
- Timber no more than 1.2m in length
- Glass from mirrors and windows (must be securely wrapped in cardboard with the word 'Glass' clearly marked on it)
- Scrap metal and small car parts (excluding batteries and tyres)
These items won't be collected:
- E-waste i.e. any items with a plug, battery or power cord such as televisions, computer equipment/printers, whitegoods (fridges, washing machines, dryers and ovens) and small household appliances.
- Mattresses and/or bases
- Cardboard packaging (e.g. boxes)
- Medical waste
- Waste oils (e.g. cooking and motor oils)
- Building, renovation or demolition materials (e.g. plasterboard, kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, fences, bricks, concrete, rubble or excavation material).
- Waste from industrial or commercial premises
- Chemicals and chemical containers
- LPG bottles
- Car batteries and tyres
- Green waste (e.g. tree prunings or stumps)
- Bags of household garbage
For further information about what types of items will be collected, please contact Customer Service on 5258 1377